Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
Immigration New Zealand is responsible for bringing the best people to New Zealand to enhance New Zealand’s social and economic outcomes. We directly support labour market growth by attracting the best people to New Zealand and supporting them into the workforce so they become long-term contributors. We also contribute to key export industries like tourism and education.
The role of Immigration New Zealand includes:
- deciding visa applications
- attracting migrant skills and labour
- matching migrant skills with employer needs
- managing border security with regard to the movement of people
- supporting migrant settlement and retention
- implementing the Government’s refugee quota programme
- enforcing compliance with immigration law and policy.
www.immigration.govt.nz - 54660 - Immigration New Zealand
1 / 11